2010-08-10

Human Beings


This morning I listened to the ramblings of my mind. Mostly it's a lot of clatter, but this morning something shifted and I stumbled across a puzzle I found worth remembering. I mused about all the things most people strive for: happiness, love, health, wealth ... Suddenly it struck me as an odd paradox, that we would make a lot of effort to get all these things, while language wisely states that they are not to be gained by activity. It does not say "make happy", "do healthy", "make wealth" - admittedly the phrase "make love" is correct as well, but what most of us seek is to BE in love, to BE happy, to BE healthy, to BE rich.


We are human beings and not human doings. What an irony that the things we would be willing to invest a lot of power in order to get them, are only to be received. We have to allow them into our world, to invite them into our life.


And although this makes perfect sense, it sometimes is very hard to do - or should I say NOT to do. ;-))))

1 comment:

  1. I love that--human beings, not human doings. What a great insight!

    ReplyDelete