2009-03-17

To flat or not to flat

Yesterday I received an offer to hire a flat with a balcony. I would like to find an appartment which enables me to be outside without leaving headquarters. To stay in my refuge and still enjoy the sun and the nice summer breeze. Sit outside, having breakfast or lunch. And a balcony would be just the thing. A garden is too much work for a non-gardener. I love gardens, but I don't like gardening.
And though I know I want to change my dwellings I am not actively looking, browsing through newspapers etc. etc. because I think the timing is not right. I made plans for some holidays this year and fitting in a move would be very hard. Plus it's such a long time since I did this whole flat hunting business. .... ;-)).
But yesterday a colleague, who's friend wants to move and is the next tenant short, mailed a pdf with the description of a lovely place. Just what I wanted, except some teeny flaws. So I wanted to give it a chance. Next thing happened was the current tenant showing some strange attitude, but since I would not have to deal with her after she moved I still wanted to inspect that place. But the ill timing....

She just called and cancelled our appointment. Another lady just signed the contract. Thanks Geoff. It would have been a drag. But I appreciate you sending me some nice offers to remind me of my plans, to show me that places like this exist and even rescue me from the looming decision. I got the message and I will keep my eyes peeled.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! It's amazing how things work out.

    ReplyDelete