2009-03-12

Brainwave

This morning I had a flash of inspiration. I have to go back a bit in order to explain. My life is full of riches. I really enjoy being on this earth and I am thankful for all of what is given to me. Only sometimes I miss a partner to share all this bliss.



There had been times when I was desperate to find my soulmate. Find the one who would truly understand me. And in these times I even listened to people who promoted the crazy idea that all the good ones are already taken. These days are gone. Over. Finished. Why should this be true. I am single. And unless I regard myself as not good (which would include that I didn't even deserve someone who IS good) I am living proof of the undeniable fact that NOT ALL the good ones are hooked up. (Are you still with me? LOL)



Once a councelor told me that there are two types of personalities when it comes to choosing a partner. The ones that would be attracted to the opposite and the other ones who would go for unison. I definitely belong to the latter category. Having developed male and female character traits equally it would be hard to find the opposite anyway. ;-))). So there are moments when I wish for another who would be in harmony with me, understand me, laugh with me, and keep me company. This morning while I was doing the dishes I was suddenly struck by an idea that this person is already part of my life. And this companion is ME. I understand myself, I am in harmony with myself (well, at least most of the time). I felt so blessed in that moment.



It was like the universe had knocked at my door delivering the sweetest strawberries. Rich in taste, juicy and full or the sun's energy. And so delicate and soft that they would melt on the tip of my tongue. So who am I to complain that there is no whipped cream? ;-))) I mean, would you ever make an effort again to pick a basket full of strawberries for a friend who would be so ungrateful? Thus I am very glad to be in my own company.



Of course I am only human and a snug hug would be very nice from time to time. Maybe I'll go and get me a big soft and cuddly teddy bear this Saturday. ;-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment