2009-03-14

Soul Sisters

Although I am burning to relate how I recently met one very dear soul sister on a plane I first have to tell you what occurred yesterday. It was so stunning and exactly the sort of thing that made me start this blog in the first place. And since this little event is related to another soul sister of mine, I can just as well start with that story

The woman I am referring to lives on another continent and I have not met her personally yet. Yes, with internet such things are possible. We enountered by means of a knitting related online group. Both of us being avid or rather fervent knitters we had a lot to write about. Our mails got more suffused with other stuff and before we knew it we discovered that we had read the same books, thought similar thoughts, and had a nearly identical approach to life in general. She is really one of my closest friends now and we write almost daily. She backs me up with comfort and support like any friend close by would do. It goes even so far that she sometimes picks out a gift for me just on a hunch although it does not relate to my life situation at that moment. (Yeah, she often spoils me.) And by the time she sends it, my life has changed and this thing is exactly what I would need at that given moment. She seems to be just like an angel. So maybe she is channeling some messages from Geoff ;-))).

Don't laugh. I might not be that far off. As a true friend she follows my whims as well and of course she reads this blog. She might be the first and only so far. LOL. And yesterday she wrote me that had she been born a boy she would have been named Geoff. Wow, I get goose pimples when such "pure" coincidences happen. Has it been just by chance?

2 comments:

  1. Really nice story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I look forward to following your blog, and wish you the very best.

    ReplyDelete