2010-07-09

An Immediate Response

Yesterday something very funny happened. For two or three days now I am in love with a certain color. You could call it aqua or a greenish turquoise, some might refer to it as mint. I found a skein of sockyarn that had parts of it, but it wasn't the yarn base I would prefer to knit with now. (Sorry it that's gobbledygook for you, but it's needed in order to understand the whole thing.) Since I had purchased it from an indie yarn dyer, I emailed her and asked, if she could dye the same color with a different yarn base. No response.




But when I arrived at the playground, I received a soft envelope from a woman, I never ever heard of before. In it was a giftwrapped skein of yarn. I had a suspicion who had used a proxy to send me this yarn, and it turned out to be correct, but nonetheless I was amazed. I truly believe that all our wishes are granted and answered by the universe. Some not in the way we expect, because the universe might have something in mind, that's even better for us. But still the effect of desiring a skein of yarn in the morning, trying to proactively get it, failing, and then receiving a gift that fell into my lap only three hours later. That's awesome. Thank you universe, proxy, and dear knitting friend.




Of course I won't open it before my actual birthday, but I still wanted to show a picture of the yarn that tempted me in the first place.


Namaste


"While some people might be afraid of death,
dyeing is not such a bad thing after all."

1 comment:

  1. Pretty yarn! I can see why you love the colors.

    ReplyDelete