2011-05-23

Book Of Appreciation






I started something, or rather resumed a very nice tradition. I am keeping a journal of appreciation for more than a week now. My mother gave me a little book to call all the wonderful things of the day to my mind before I would go to sleep. That was more than two years ago, and I did it for a while before I lost track of it.


I picked up that habit lately after listeing a lot to Abraham. Appreciating what a wise mother I have and also starting to liking it better and better. The original book of my mom is a bit small so I found a bigger one. I also reanimated a fountain pen to make the process of writing by hand more fun. And it really works. Not only seem the things I experience get better and better, also I catch myself during the day phrasing some things in my mind for that book. Or I would go on a hunt like trying to find gems or Easter eggs. So far it's a lot of fun, which might be part of the success. Before I did it more like a tiresome exercise.





It seems to be contageous. Since I cannot borrow the bike anymore that I used to ride in "Merryland" I wanted to buy a used one. It is hard to research this from here and so the knittee volunteered to do the detective work. (How very darling of him.) Yesterday he found a really good and affordable offer. We might have to add a fender though.

And other funny things are happening too. The picture of the flower windwheels, that I posted a year ago, was discovered by a magazine. They might want to print it. I don't know anything about the particulars yet, but the mere thought is very encouraging. So today I am quite the happy penguin.



1 comment:

  1. What a coincidense! I just got some nice conveniently-sized notebooks for writing lists of things I love and lists of things to be grateful for. It is a lovely exercise.

    Nice penguin photos!

    ReplyDelete