2011-10-26

Can a wish be denied?


Last weekend I had an epiphany at the grocery store - of all places ;-))). I was standing in line at the cash register with a whole bunch of items already on the belt, when I saw a man with a single quart of milk lining up behind me. I asked him, if he wanted to pay first. Although it really doesn't make a difference, but I myself find it more annoying to wait in line, when I have only one or two items than when there is a lot to check out. Illogical, but true.


Anyway, this gentleman obviously shared my sentiments and gladly went in front of me. Almost instantly a woman appeared behind me in the line, who carried three items. While the gentleman had been waiting patiently, she actually asked me, if I could let her pay first. I denied, telling her that I had already let the other gentleman move up the line, and I really wanted to finish my grocery shopping at that point.


She moved to another line, and I saw that this was a very quick one. She had paid all her things, before the gentlemen in front of me was even able to put his milk on the belt. To my surprise I felt relief. Isn't it wonderful that the universe takes care of everything? We don't have to sacrifice our own needs in order to support others. Their wishes will be granted, if they are in alignment with them, no matter what. Instead of hustling all the time to keep everyone happy, I just need to stay in tune with what's best for me - and not only causing no damage to others, but rather acting towards their benefit. Quite amazing, isn't it?


Another reminder that it's better to be still for a moment and listen to my inner voice. And maybe sometimes, when I am under the impression, that my wishes are denied, the universe is only pushing me towards a better route.









No comments:

Post a Comment