2011-07-19

Focus on the good stuff

This Friday I had a pleasant experience. Since the knittee is here to visit, he wanted to practice a bit of table tennis. Usually I accompany him to give him a ride, watch some games, knit, and so forth. This time I wanted to use the precious minutes to send my mother Reiki to support her on her journey into perfect health and well-being.


Instead of doing the obvious, which would have been to go outside and sit in the nice patio, I sat in the gym amidst the pinging and ponging of the table tennis balls, the shouting of the players, and the humidity of their sweat. I realized this when I had already started, so I didn't want to stop at that moment. I simply focussed on my mom and blurred out everything else. Maybe it was due to the macros we took right before we drove to the gym, but I had this insight, that our mind is not so much different from a macro lense. If we want to focus on something we can blurr out all the rest. And then a environment of unpleasant debris can function as a very becoming backdrop.




1 comment: