2009-06-20

Mind Sugar

Last week I had another brainwave. I have to go back a bit in order to make it at least a bit comprehensible. Sometimes we get hit by the light while our revolutionary ideas would not change other people's life at all. Although we think we just hit pay dirt. LOL

When I grew up I had a sweet tooth. I was addicted to chocolate for a very long time, but any other candy would do as a substitute. Ice cream was an all time favorite, then again there are hardly any sweets I didn't like except maybe liquorice. But this word contains the word liquor, which I never liked either. Maybe that's why? OK. I am getting silly now. Suffice it to say that I had this habit and I managed to get away from it. Nowadays I don't even crave for sweets and even the scent of chocolate can make me feel sick sometimes. What I gained was a new sensitivity of my taste buds. To me so many things taste sweet and I never use salt or any other spices because they just tamper with the real thing. And I am not only talking about fruit here. A tomato can be sweeter than a cherry pie. Even endive has a sugary quality about it.

So there is no sugar in my food anymore. At least not that I know of. But sometimes I grab the wrong things from the shelve. That's what happened in Amsterdam. I wanted to shop plain biological yoghurt and when I opened it up and licked the stuff from the lid I tasted: SUGAR. Biological non-refined sugar, but nonetheless sugar. I was tempted for a moment and the thought of "just this once" crossed my mind. But then I threw it all away. This would have been like the first glass to an alcohol addict. And what for? It didn't even taste excellent.

Last week I was hunted by unhappy and totally superfluous thoughts. An issue so unimportant that I cannot even remember what it was all about, but it made me feel miserable. Suddenly I had the image of me throwing away the Vanilla yoghurt I mistook for a plain one. And then it hit me. These thought were just like sugar to my mind. I had not problems throwing away the yoghurt, why not treat thoughts like this the same way. They are just as unhealthy for my system as the sugar. So I will refuse to have them in my sytem any longer. And it works, folks. At least as long as I can think of the image again. Then I don't have any problems to trash whatever is bothering me.

Isn't it funny how the meaning of some "stupid mistakes" like picking the wrong can of yoghurt get revealed to us one week later ;-))). So lets trust all of our errors make sense on a larger scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment